Old Speech Room Gallery & Museum

The Old Speech Room was built around 1820 as a space where boys could learn the art of public speaking. In 1976, it was converted into a gallery for the School's distinguished collection of antiquities and fine art.

There is an ongoing programme of conservation and collections care, as well as a loans scheme. In the OSRG Arts Society, Harrovians can learn about object handling, conservation, documentation and collections care; help to research, design, curate and publicise exhibitions; and also enjoy regular visits to major art collections.

Opening Times

The Old Speech Room Gallery is usually
open on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays
during term time from 2.30pm
until 5.00pm


From time to time, the Gallery is used by
the School, so please contact the Curator on
osrgcurator@harrowschool.org.uk or
020 8872 8205 before making a visit.

Location details

5 High Street, HA1 3HP
Old Speech Room Gallery & Museum